This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
CureNet collects the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
- Information you provide directly to us.
When you register, use our services, subscribe to our notifications, contact us, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Your contact information, such as your full name, email address, address and phone number;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code, paypal account;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, tests, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance;
- Any other information you provide to us.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
- Automatically Collected Information.
We collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information.
- Information we may collect from your other sources.
During your treatment, we may collect medical records from your past, current, and future health care providers. This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory and pathology test results and reports, social histories, any family history of illness, and records about phone calls and emails related to your illness.
How Information May Be Used By Us
CureNet may use collected information to:
- Provide Services to you;
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
CureNet is committed to maintaining high degree of responsibility and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Healthcare providers and other healthcare-related entities:
We may share your information with other health care providers, laboratories, government agencies, insurance companies, organ procurement organizations, medical examiners, and other entities relevant to providing you with treatment options and support.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers:
We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting), performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research partners:
We may share your information with our research partners to conduct health-related research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Corporate affiliates:
We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Business transfers:
We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes:
We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of CureNet, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
CureNet uses reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
Effective Date is February 12, 2018